Celebrate St Patty's Day or any day with Peppermint Patties-- this is a great recipe (makes a ton) from yummy website: www.shugarysweets.com
Homemade Peppermint Patties – a treat from shurgarysweets.com
Yield: 5-6 dozen
- 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow cream (Fluff)
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 5 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pkg (16oz) chocolate Candiquik (chocolate candy coating)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat Fluff cream, butter, and extracts until fully combined. Add in powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until well blended (may take a couple minutes for it to come together).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using about 1 Tbsp of filling, shape into a ball, then flatten it for the traditional shape (I flattened them with a flat bottom can warpped in plastic). Continue until all filling is used. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours (or overnight).
- Melt chocolate Candiquik according to package directions. Using a toothpick, dip frozen peppermints into the chocolate. Tap until all the excess has dripped off and place back on the parchment paper. Repeat until all peppermints have been coated. These should be set within minutes, because you are doing them while still cold. Store at room temperature in a covered container!
My shamrock plant, this is what it looked like yesterday before Cosmo mowed down all the blooms this morning.